Junior Mechanical Designer/Drafter
Roadwarrior Inc. is an affiliate of DCL International Inc., a global leader in the research, design, engineering, manufacturing, and sales of advanced emission control technologies, which has been in business for over 30 years.
Roadwarrior Inc. manufactures a broad range of Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs), Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOCs) and Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCRs) for post-2007, medium to heavy duty trucks and buses. Our aftermarket DPFs and Catalysts are available for all major manufacturers and provide equal or greater performance to OEM parts without the added cost of core charges.
We are currently looking to further build our team with the addition of a Junior Mechanical Designer/Drafter.
- Design sheet metal parts or manufacturing parts according to design concept or sketch;
- Establish parts and assemblies models with Solidworks;
- Prepare detailed production and engineering drawings on AutoCAD (2D) and Solidworks (3D);
- Revising the designs from existing products;
- Create and maintain Bill of Material (BOM) for production;
- Design prototypes and perform physical testing on engineering prototypes and related accessories;
- Follow up process of production and inspection for prototypes to ensure products quality and production efficiency;
- Support engineering, production, inspection, purchasing and sales teams by providing required products details, procedures, drawing and renderings.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Proficiency with Solidworks
- Documentation, drafting and rendering experience with CAD
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft office software such as Word and Excel
- Understand and had experience with ERP software, and experience in SYSPRO will be a asset
- 1-3 years of mechanical design and drafting ideally in sheet metal industry
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects and conflicting deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills
- We are a proud Canadian company and we care about our shared environment
- We provide a safe, clean work environment, training, new uniforms, safety shoes and goggles
- We offer competitive pay, employee benefits, vacation and personal time off
- We encourage professional development and offer reimbursements for professional fees and tuition
- We recognize our employees for their achievements through our Innovation Award Program
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Roadwarrior Inc is committed to employment equity and fostering an inclusive environment. We are dedicated in providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation and if you require accommodation, please advise the HR department and we will work with you to meet your needs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent