Roadwarrior Inc. is an affiliate of DCL International Inc., a global leader in the research, design, engineering, manufacturing, and sales of advanced emission control technologies, which has been in business for over 30 years. We are currently searching for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Help accounts receivable with daily tasks
- Help accounts payable with daily tasks
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with inventory counts on a weekly basis
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Working towards CPA certification
- University degree in accounting, finance or relevant field
- We are proud Canadian companies, and we care about our shared environment
- We provide a safe, clean work environment, training, new uniforms, safety shoes, goggles
- We offer competitive pay, employee benefits, vacation and personal time off
- We encourage professional development & offer reimbursements for professional fees/tuition
- We recognize our employees for their achievements through our Innovation Award Program
Roadwarrior Inc is committed to employment equity and fostering an inclusive environment. We are dedicated in providing accommodation in accordance with all relevant legislation and if you require accommodation, please advise the HR department and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday